Over two hundred years ago, a 4,000-foot-thick glacier covered what is now Glacier Bay National Park. Since then, the massive glacier has receded, leaving us a spectacular bay and landscape to explore. Sitting a mere 50 miles west of Alaska’s capital city of Juneau, the park is now home to a diverse array of fantastic wildlife both in the sea and on land. Easier to get to than you might think, Glacier Bay NP is best visited in the summer months when you can stay at the lodge and take an all-day, park-led boat tour through the bay. In this episode, we talk about our experiences visiting the park and provide tips and tricks to help you plan your visit.
Here are a few helpful links about some of the topics in this episode:
· Glacier Bay Lodge’s website where you can find information about the lodge and book a boat tour through the park
· Video on the park’s website about the Huna Tribal House dedication
· Link to our 2022 Annual Gift Guide
· Link to our Patreon account Intro video
· Where to subscribe to our Patreon account
· And, check out our fun and inspiring apparel at Dirtlander.com
Subscribe to The Dear Bob and Sue Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you like to listen, and if you’ve enjoyed our show, please leave us a review or rating on Apple Podcasts. Five-star ratings help other listeners find our show.
To advertise on The Dear Bob and Sue Podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices