Many consider Chaco Culture the crown jewel of the ancient Puebloan ruins in the American Southwest. It’s a must-see add-on to any adventure in the Four Corners area. The sixteen archeological sites in the park tell a story of a bustling civilization where thousands of people lived from about 850 to 1250 A.D. But much is still left to be discovered about their lives and why they abruptly left to find shelter elsewhere among the cliffs of the desert. In this episode, we talk about our visit to Chaco, a bit about the history of the place, some of the activities you might want to consider when there, and much more!
Here are links where you can find more information about Chaco Culture National Historical Park:
· If you want to see historic photos from Pueblo Bonito, check out the website Chacoarchive.org
· Here’s a link to the NPS Museum Management Program page about Chaco Culture
· Check out the park’s NPS site here
· UNESCO’s online description of Chaco also has links to more information
· And did you know that Chaco Culture is featured on a U.S. Quarter? Check it out on the U.S. Mint’s website
Our Patreon account is now up and running with bonus content. Follow this link to check it out.
Don’t forget to check out our new online merch store and www.dirtlander.com.
Subscribe to The Dear Bob and Sue Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you like to listen, and if you’ve enjoyed our show, please leave us a review or rating on Apple Podcasts. Five-star ratings help other listeners find our show.
Follow us on Instagram at @mattandkarensmith, on Twitter at @mattandkaren, on Facebook at dearbobands, or check out our blog at www.mattandkaren.com.
To advertise on The Dear Bob and Sue Podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices