In our Mailbag! episodes, we answer questions from listeners about the national parks, ranger-led tours, road trips, hiking, camping, backpacking, gear, relationships, and pretty much whatever anyone wants to ask us. In this episode, we cover these topics:
· How to tell if a trail or road has steep drop-offs before starting your trip, and how to stay calm when you’re afraid of heights in these situations,
· Tips on how to keep track of your bucket list items and where the phrase “wish bucket” came from
· Suggestions on footwear for hiking the Sliding Sands trail in Haleakala National Park
· Where to find accessibility information about trails, sights, and facilities in the national parks, and a few suggestions as to the most accessible parks in the NPS system,
· And more!
A few links we promised to share:
· Where to find info about accessibility in the national parks
· A list of the most and least accessible national parks from the AgingInPlace.org website
· A link to info about the America the Beautiful Access Pass
The best way to support our podcast is to become a member of our Patreon account. Follow this link to check it out.
And don’t forget to check out our new online merch store and www.dirtlander.com.
Subscribe to The Dear Bob and Sue Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you like to listen, and if you’ve enjoyed our show, please leave us a review or rating on Apple Podcasts. Five-star ratings help other listeners find our show.
To advertise on The Dear Bob and Sue Podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices