Featuring a park in our home state of Washington on this episode, we discuss some of the highlights and must-sees at Olympic National Park. From the rugged coastline of the Pacific Ocean to the blue glaciers hanging off steep alpine cliffs, Olympic NP has something for everyone. Only a short day trip from the Seattle metro area, you can drive to many of the most spectacular sites within the park in a few hours. If you are a little more adventurous, backpacking through the park gives you a less-crowded perspective on the wild beauty of this “magical” place. We even give you a small peek into what it’s like traveling with us by playing an audio recording we made during one of our more challenging adventures.
Some topics we discuss include:
- Yes? No? Maybe? Whether or not we plan to write another book
- Four seasons of fun up at Hurricane Ridge
- Where to go to see what’s left from the largest dam removal project in history, where you can peer into the canyon below at the newly-freed, rushing Elwha River
- The myriad of activities at beautiful Lake Crescent: in the water, on the beach and on the nearby trails.
- Our three-day adventure hiking the High Divide / Seven Lakes Basin Trail which started out with some wild weather
- The magic of the Hoh Rain Forest
- What we found–and didn’t find—during our backpacking trip along Shi Shi Beach on the coast of the Pacific Ocean
- And more…
- In the mail bag segment, we discuss some of our scariest hikes while traveling to all of the national parks.
Links to more information:
- Click here to see photos from our trips to Olympic NP
- Click here for updated information and park map
- Where to learn more about our books and travels
- Join the conversation on Facebook – we want to hear from you!
- Check out our Instagram account
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices