Our country’s national parks are frequently referred to as “America’s Best Idea,” for good reason. There are 423 National Park Service sites that protect everything from natural wonders to historical sites to endangered animals. Every one of them has something unique and special to offer visitors, but on this episode, we showcase our favorite 25 national parks. If you’re not planning to visit every national park, these are the ones we think you should visit in your lifetime.
What are some of the parks that made our list?
- The crown jewel of the North Atlantic coast
- A park that contains 2,000 sandstone arches
- A park that’s beloved for its fruit orchards and its mini pies to go
- The largest park in the lower 48; it’s also the hottest, driest and lowest park
- A park where visitors walk amongst brown bears
- A park where you can see the largest trees by volume in the world
- The park that’s referred to as the Alps of America
- A park that has multiple ecosystems
- A park with the highest road and the highest Visitor Center in the U.S.
Links to more information:
- A list of all the NPS sites
- Where to learn more about our books and travels
- Join the conversation on Facebook – we want to hear from you!
- Check out our Instagram account
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices