In this episode we talk about some of our favorite hikes in the national parks. It took us a couple of tries to record this one because we had too many on our original “favorites” list. (We may have to do a follow-up episode someday to talk about all of the other jaw dropping trails we left out.) So grab your notebook because we provide a ton of information about must-do hikes in many of the most popular national parks. If you’re like us, you’ll want to hike many of these trails multiple times. Just be sure you take plenty of water, bear spray, and a headlamp. Do not forget your headlamp! And at the end of the episode, we answer a question from our mailbag.
Some of the hikes we discuss in this episode:
- Devil’s Garden-Primitive Loop – Arches NP
- Chesler Park-Joint Trail Loop – Canyonlands
- Fairyland Loop – Bryce Canyon
- Gower Gulch-Golden Canyon – Death Valley
- Giant Forest Loop Trail – Sequoia
- And many, many more…
- In the mailbag segment we talk about whether we have any plans to hike long-distance trails like the Pacific Crest or Appalachian Trails
Links to more information:
- Amazon link to the 24-inch folding table we use for our side-of-the-road picnics in the national parks* On Amazon, select the 24-inch size table. It should be priced just under $50.
- Photos from the hikes we discussed in this episode
- Where to learn more about our books and travels
- Join the conversation on Facebook – we want to hear from you!
- Check out our Instagram account
*We participate in the Amazon Associates affiliate marketing program. If you make a purchase on Amazon by following a link on this page, we may be paid a fee. Fees earned through this program help support this podcast.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices