New Mexico has so many natural and historical wonders you’ll have to visit several times to see them all. But if you have a free week, might we suggest that you start in Albuquerque and make a big loop the way we did a few years back. Whether you do this trip yourself or simply join us on this episode as we recount our experiences, you’ll agree that Land of Enchantment is a fitting nickname for New Mexico.
Some of the sites we discuss in this episode include:
- Bandelier National Monument – could this be our next national park?
- Santa Fe – why this is such a magical place
- Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument – a must-see natural wonder
- White Sands National Park (was a National Monument when we visited it) – why this site is no longer a premier spring break destination for college kids
- Smokey Museum and Historical Park – what is it exactly that makes Karen want to hold Smokey’s hand
- Carlsbad Caverns – we can’t talk about New Mexico without mentioning its most famous cave system
- Albuquerque – in search of The Chicken Brothers and the Walter White residence
- Petroglyphs National Monument – you can walk your dog and see thousands of examples of ancient rock art at the same time
Links to more information:
- More info about the Smokey Bear sites
- Photos from our trip
- Where to learn more about our books and travels
- Join the conversation on Facebook – we want to hear from you!
- Check out our Instagram account
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices