We get a lot of questions from people asking us what parks they should visit during specific times of the year. On today’s episode we’re going season to season, talking about which parks are great to visit during the winter, spring, summer, and fall. We cover all 63 national parks, taking into account factors like their weather, accessibility, wildflowers, fall foliage, crowds, and much more. Grab a pen and paper and get ready to take notes. You might learn a few seasonal travel tips that’ll come in handy when planning your next spring break destination, summer vacation, or fall getaway.
Some of the topics we discuss in this episode:
· The only national park that closes in the winter
· The one piece of the U.S. that is below the equator
· Our favorite park to snowmobile in
· Best national parks to view the brilliant fall colors
· Which park you can tour while on a beer train excursion
· The park you’d visit if you also wanted to attend the International Chili Championship
· Which parks you can visit in the winter for a tropical getaway
· And our list of national parks that are great to visit in any season.
Links to more information:
· The Kula Cloth
· Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad (link to the beer train)
- Where to learn more about our books and travels
- Check out our Twitter account
- Join the conversation on Facebook – we want to hear from you!
- Check out our Instagram account
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices