One of the most beautiful state parks in the country, Utah’s Dead Horse Point State Park, offers jaw-dropping views and incredible hiking trails. You can also rent one of nine yurts for a camping experience that combines the fun of tent camping with some of the luxuries of a hotel room. In this episode, we’re coming to you from inside one of those yurts, and we’ll discuss what it was like spending the night here, plus everything you’d want to know about the park and our experience driving the nearby, infamous Shafer Trail.
Some of the topics we discuss in this episode include:
- What is the Shafer Trail and what kind of a vehicle do you need to drive it
- Why we had to race to the top of Canyonlands to find a park ranger
- How Dead Horse Point got its name
- What are the yurts like on the inside
- Why Karen thinks the parking lot bathrooms by the yurts would be a nice place to spend the night
- Why Dead Horse Point is known for its sunrises and sunsets
- What the campgrounds are like at Dead Horse Point
Links to more information:
- How to reserve a yurt at Dead Horse Point State Park
- Where to learn more about our books and travels
- Join the conversation on Facebook – we want to hear from you!
- Check out our Instagram account
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices